Shona is widely recognised by her colleagues in the legal community as an accomplished family lawyer. She often receives recommendations from other lawyers. After a brief meeting with Shona clients realise that here is a family lawyer that cares about their situation and will do her utmost to find a solution that will be best for the client and for any children they may have. While Shona has represented high net worth clients in the most complex financial provision cases in the Court of Session she is equally at home in resolving difficult situations in other ways. Shona mediates and collaborates regularly with an impressively high success rate. Her ability to empathise with clients and her excellent client communication are what satisfied former clients particularly comment on.
Who We Are : Our Team of Family Law Experts
Shona was described in the Legal 500 2017 as a “formidable Court practitioner” and noted for her “thoughtful and careful approach”.
Shona has been qualified since 1988 and works exclusively in the field of Family Law. She has been Accredited by the Law Society as a Specialist in her field.
Shona trained in the area of Collaborative Law back in 2004 and is now trained in Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice. She is Secretary of the National Collaborative Organsation “Consensus”. Shona has been invited to work with Anne Hall Dick and Alan Susskind in running the “Right Kind of Divorce” website, a website devoted to resolving separation issues in a productive and collaborative fashion.
Shona is a member of the Family Law Association and has been for many years, previously being an active committee member for the organisation.
In 2011 Shona trained as a Family Law Arbitrator and is now a Member of the Family Law Arbitration Group Scotland (FLAGS). She has now been invited to join the National Committee.
Shona previously lectured in the field of Family Law and was also appointed as an External Examiner in Private International Law at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen.
Shona undertakes divorce work for high net worth clients both in the Sheriff Court and the Court of Session. She is also frequently appointed by the court to prepare reports. She has written articles on landmark decisions both in the press and in the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland. She has been asked on several occasions to comment in the media on issues surrounding domestic abuse and the effects on children.
Shona is described as being a noteable practitioner in Chambers.
What Shona’s clients say
- “She kept things very amicable and professional.”
- “It was both refreshing and a delight when you acted for me. Thoughtful, helpful and ever ready to assist”.
- “I am so pleased to have had your confident, calm support and input throughout. This has made a very substantial difference to me as I have been able to more readily move on in various respects”.
- Shona is described as being “approachable, objective, pragmatic, realistic and sensible”
– (Chambers 2017)
- Shona is described as “very experienced and knowledgeable” and “one of the real brain boxes”
– (Chambers 2016)
- Shona is praised for her “sensitive understanding of her clients without pulling punches when needed.”
– (Chambers 2015)
- Praised for her personal attention to clients, who “feel like her most important person”
– (Chambers 2015)
- “She helped me through the psychological aspect of it all by guiding me through the minefield”
– (Chambers 2015)
- “Shona Templeton focuses on complex and high net worth financial matters, often involving family companies, inheritance or pensions”
– (Chambers 2014)
- “She’s great – a personable and wise lawyer”
– (Chambers 2012)
You can contact Shona by email at email@example.com.